Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Do anybody have script to shut down master server and then copy all catalog to NAS then start master.

2009-04-06 16:19:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Do anybody have script to shut down master server and then copy all catalog to NAS then start master.
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: bolobaboo kabootar <bolobaboo AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 15:16:14 -0500
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 3:09 PM, bolobaboo kabootar <bolobaboo AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
I have master 6.5.3 on Solaris 10. We want to add one more precaution other than backing catalog to tape. We have NAS mount point on master server. I am looking for script which can stop master gracefully and copy catalogs ( /usr/openv/db/*  , /usr/openv/netbackup/db/* and /usr/openv/var/* ) to a NAS mount point and then start Master.

NetBackup doesn't support a catalog on a network file system so even if you stored a copy there, you couldn't run it from there.

Your script essentially becomes the NetBackup shutdown script, an rsync to the NAS, and a start.  If you need to recover, it's an rsync back from the NAS copy.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org