Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Slow Informix Logs backups

2009-04-03 07:41:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Slow Informix Logs backups
From: Larry Mascarenhas <LMascare AT verizon DOT net>
To: Patrick <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, NBU List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 07:37:37 -0400
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.
1. I'm running NBU v6.5.1.

2. I believe I see a lot of subjobs for the logs and yes I have
multistreaming enabled on the policy. In fact the 300G DB backs up in a
<1hour, but 30Gig of logs takes 3 hours.

3. Onbar streams for DB backups. For logs, it opens 1 onbar process (the
same one that backed up the DB) and ships the logs sequentially. That's
non-configurable (I'm pretty sure).

--

Larry Mascarenhas
LMascare AT comcast DOT net