Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] "Stuck Media"

2009-03-31 20:23:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] "Stuck Media"
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:20:22 +0800
Dear Mr. Jonathan,

I am also facing the same issue.   I have noticed even if you restart  the
Tape library still drive will show busy. So last I have to restart the
backup server too.

I am Linux with single Master/Media server with Quantum Tape Library with
LTO2  -  03 drives.

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :   (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :    (O) 6895 - 4991
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

             "Martin,
             Jonathan"
             <JMARTI05@intersi                                          To
             l.com>                    <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
             veritas-bu-bounce
             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub
Subject
             urn.edu                   [Veritas-bu] "Stuck Media"

             04/01/2009 01:50
             AM

I've been phase I and phase II importing media for a few days now and every
now and then one gets stuck.  The robot mounts the media, for not good
reason the media just sits there / does not get read.  I can robtest and
move this media back into its slot, but the EMM thinks the drive is still
assigned.  Anyone know the command to get this drive active again?  I don't
really think there is a command I can use to tell the job "hey you, wake
up, the media is mounted!"

The root cause is probably robot related but its so intermittent I haven't
been successful in tracking it down.

Thanks,

ForwardSourceID:NT000D0A5A