Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Client Install

2009-03-27 13:41:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux Client Install
From: Reg.Giacomini AT co.hennepin.mn DOT us
To: "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:37:56 -0500

Here is what I used to install a Redhat client.
NB_65_CLIENTS2_20070723.tar

If you are going to 6.5.3.1, here are the other files I used.
NB_CLT_6.5.3_314595.tar
NB_CLT_6.5.3.1_319529.tar
NB_JAV_6.5.3.1_319530

Good luck.

Reg Giacomini
Hennepin County Government
CIT (Enterprise Storage Solutions)

  From:       "McDonald II, James F." <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>

  To:         <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

  Date:       03/27/2009 10:32 AM

  Subject:    [Veritas-bu] Linux Client Install

  Sent by:    veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

I am having a heck of a time getting the Linux Client to install.  I downloaded
NetBackup_6.5_LinuxRedhat2.6.tar.gz and ran the install script.  It
was going along fine and then it stopped and said the VRTSpbx package was
missing and that it could be found in the ICS directory on CD2.  It
requested that I put that disc in and provide the full address to the
installics location.  We do not have physical CD’s, so I went and downloaded
NetBackup_6.5_ICS_LinuxX86.tar.gz.  I uncompressed that directory and typed in
the full address to that file.  I have two questions: 1) Why does it
say that I am installing NetBackup and Media Manager, when I run the install
script from NetBackup_6.5_LinuxRedhat2.6.tar?  I only need the Client to
be installed, but everyone has told me that is the correct .tar file. 2) When I
type in the path to the installics file that it’s requesting, it does
not accept it.  It just asks me for the path again or ‘q’ to quit and abort the
install.  Did I download the correct ICS directory (
NetBackup_6.5_ICS_LinuxX86.tar.gz)?

I’ve been asking a ton of questions the last few days, so I appreciate the
information and patience from the people who have been offering help.
Disclaimer: Information in this message or an attachment may be government data
and thereby subject to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minnesota
Statutes, Chapter 13, may be subject to attorney-client or work product
privilege, may be confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise
protected, and the unauthorized review, copying, retransmission, or other use
or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify the sender of the
transmission error and then promptly delete this message from your computer
system.