Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSU Question.

2009-03-27 03:09:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSU Question.
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 03:05:40 -0400
Hi,

I'm still in the mist of a backup design to use either a DSU or a DSSU target
for my interim backups.

Would like to know if there's a limitation in the number of streams if the
storage unit is a DSU? I also assume multiplexing will not be a issue if the
target is DSU right?

Another senario is, if i were to use backup direct to tape, i have a backup
that require to run the bpstart notify script to do some export dump and it
might take 30mins or more, the backup will actually hog the drive during the
export dump and if there's another small backup that trigger during that time
will be put in queue.

Given the same senario, if my storage unit is a DSU, will the small backup job
go through as there is no tape drive involved.

Appreciate anyone of you having such a configuration to share your experiences.
Thanks