Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SuSE 10sp2

2009-03-24 08:21:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SuSE 10sp2
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:17:42 -0400
I've not done it on SuSE at all.   If it is a 2.6 kernel probably you
could make the RedHat Linux 2.6 client work.

Since I don't really know SuSE I can't be sure.

A couple of things I have seen on RHEL4/5 clients:
1) You have to be sure xinetd was installed BEFORE Netbackup.  Otherwise
Netbackup creates an inetd.conf which is useless.  I know you say you
have xinetd installed.   Make sure you have bpcd, bpjava-msvc, vnetd and
vopied files in /etc/xinetd.d (assuming it is same location on SuSE).

2) You have to install compatibility package, compat-libstdc++-296,
installed BEFORE installing Netbackup.  (Note that -296 is part of
package name and not the "version" - there are typically version numbers
after the -296).   When I did the install of NBU and installed the
package after the fact it still gave status 58 errors so I had to remove
and reinstall NBU.