Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Not all drives appear to be used

2009-03-18 14:18:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Not all drives appear to be used
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:50:11 -0500
Tape drive usage can be based on your storage unit.

If you have 10 tape drives but you have 2 storage units with 4 drives
each
That means at the most you will only use 8 drives.

So it could be that the storage units you are using are not set up to
utilize all the drives.

As to the fact that 2 different ones are avail.  Netbackup tries to use
the tape drives in a round robin kind of way so that each tape drives
gets used. Trying to even out the usage.  So first round of 8 drives
would use drives 1 - 8 but the second round might use 3 - 10.

Look at the number of drives in your storage units and see if you can
increase them any to use all 10 drives.