Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Not all drives appear to be used

2009-03-18 13:38:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Not all drives appear to be used
From: mcw012765 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:32:40 -0400
I am a Netbackup 6.5.2A user.  I currently have 100+ clients that I back up on
a daily basis (fulls and cumulative incrementals).  I have a Sun/STK SL3000
tape library with 10 LTO-4 tape drives. My issue is with tape drive usage.  I
have multiplexing and multistreaming turned on for all of my policies.  It
appears that only 8 of the 10 drives are in use at a time.  Also, it is not
always the same 2 drives not in use.

Any ideas on why this is?  As I write this, I have several jobs queued saying
that "required drives are in use", but there are 2 tape drives available.