Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2009-03-10 13:49:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: "Stafford, Geoff" <GStafford AT barclaycardus DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:22:02 -0400

You can zone it to as many paths as you want but there really isn’t the equiv of Powerpath or whatever for tape to manage the failover so you are going to see duplicates.  What you are doing is The Right Way™.  Starting in 6.5.something you can do multi-path for your robot if that HBA were to fail, there is a .pdf out there on SYMC’s site about how to configure it.

Had an HBA fail in a media server on Sunday so I feel your pain.

Geoff Stafford

Barclaycard US

Data Protection Team Manager

office: