Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup backing up a dpm server

2009-03-10 12:22:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup backing up a dpm server
From: "Kalusche, Dan" <Dan.Kalusche AT andersencorp DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:41:27 -0500

We're recently incorporated a dpm server to back up large fileservers in our enterprise, and would like it to also back up remote Microsoft servers.

We're running Netbackup 6.5.3.1, currently, on the master/media servers, and 6.5.3 on the clients.
Does Netbackup support backing up the replicated files on the dpm server?
I've done some google searches on this topic, and seem to get a lot of hits that dance around the subject, but haven't seen a direct answer to that question.

Any help or info that you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, and regards,
Dan K