Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large catalog issues

2009-03-09 12:49:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large catalog issues
From: shred625 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:37:01 -0400
One of the reasons I want to consolidate the backup environments is to
centralize backups. I have one environment that has about 30 servers and the
other that has around 200.

The biggest reason that we have the large ammount of images is the breaking up
the servers into smaller streams to try to obtain the backups without our full
backup window. I need to check this out but I would think we are well over the
million images on one catalog.

It will take time but our retentions have just changed which will take some
time to get the full effects of the impact but this should drastically reduce
our catalog size. That and I am working on the ok to use flashbackup.

The math you gave me will help out a lot and should give me the tool I needed
as to when I can do this.

Thanks