Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] The medias are not showing in the lto4 library.

2009-03-05 08:12:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] The medias are not showing in the lto4 library.
From: Pranav <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 07:48:18 -0500
Hi,

We have decommissioned one of our media server.
We were using lto2 drives for that.

Now we have given ownershp of media to other media server with lto4 drives
attached.

But when we load tapes inside the lto4 library and run inventory it shows a
error of unknown media and logically not coming inside.

Please advise.