Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] error code 96 though enough scratch medias are available

2009-03-04 11:55:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] error code 96 though enough scratch medias are available
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:43:23 -0500 (EST)
When this happens (if you are still getting error 96), its quite simple
to troubleshoot:

1. Run bpmedialist and check to see if there are scratch tapes that are not
FULL and they are not frozen.
2. Otherwise, there is your problem.

Next, check the policy and compare the volume pool it is using to the
bpmedialist output, you should be able to find the problem with that
information.

Justin.