Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Live Update.

2009-03-02 17:37:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Live Update.
From: "Bill Coleman" <bill_coleman AT symantec DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:04:23 -0700

After talking to Ed directly we confirmed a correction in 6.5.2 would address LiveUpdate in clusters as well as other installs with busy jobs.  Since there has been some new information shared about LU on this thread, Symantec will pursue a technote documenting this information until manuals are updated.

Etrack Incident = ET1053371
    We now cancel a LiveUpdate if any of the following specific processes
    are running on the machine:  bpbkar (bpbkar32), tar (tar32), bpbrm, bptm,
    or bpdm.  This avoids the problem of the install process canceling
    running jobs.