Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Master for Single Client

2009-02-10 02:30:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Master for Single Client
From: NBU <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 02:10:06 -0500
Thanks forum for your valuable suggestions.

But my query is how should i put multiple Master server enteries on client side
in bp.conf. I am not initiating any MANUAL Backup. Given below is the bp.conf
entry on the client side.

Currently i am backing up this client (NB3) through M1 Master. Now i also want
to backup this client through W1 (new Master server). How this entry will come
in bp.conf on the client side.

 What will be the EMM Server entry in the below bp.conf file

SERVER = M1
SERVER = NB3
SERVER = NB1
SERVER = NB2
SERVER = NB4
SERVER = P01
SERVER = P02
CLIENT_NAME = NB3
EMMSERVER = M1
CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 1800
CONNECT_OPTIONS = NBCONSOLE1 2 2 3
BPSTART_TIMEOUT = 1800

Secondly, If i want same config for a windows client then how i mention both
MASTER Server name while installing the client.