Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux slowly dropping drives.

2009-01-29 18:00:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Linux slowly dropping drives.
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:47:57 -0700
The two that say they need cleaning are different than the ones that are
down.  There's no correlation there.

I just put in 6.5.3 yesterday so maybe the behavior will change (from
6.5.2).

I'm short logs but I'll see what I can gather.

The drive "up" just fine, it's just on next use they'll go back down
again.

Drives are in an ADIC scalar 10K.  LTO2 scsi drives behind their SNC
fiber bridge. Frankly, I don't remember if the library does cleaning on
it's own  - something to look into.

There's no touch file.