Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is anyone using a HP MSL 8096 tape library?

2009-01-28 05:13:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is anyone using a HP MSL 8096 tape library?
From: "Scott Jacobson" <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:57:44 -0700
I'm working with two MSL 8096 this week while here in Germany and I like them.

My ranking for this form factor:

1. MSL 8096
2. I500
3. SL500

-sj

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, sql_noob wrote:

> we'll see what happens
>
> if we lock in 8 years of support then the TS 3310 is pretty much the same price as the HP robot. At 3 years, HP is cheaper.
>
> i've read a lot of good things about IBM and Sun but not too much about HP tape robots and was wondering if anyone used it. waiting for pricing to come back on a SL500 and Sun's quarterly financials come out tommorow after the market close.

Never had any issues with the small MSL6XXX series robots but the ESL9595
robots were pretty much nothing but problems all around (older) -- the
SL500s are like golden eggs IMO in comparison, it is easy to expand when
needed and they're fairly reliable.

Justin.