Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anyone pursued an EEB for document ID 315628? (ETracks 1459849 & 1460034

2009-01-12 17:01:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone pursued an EEB for document ID 315628? (ETracks 1459849 & 1460034
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:48:30 -0500
See http://support.veritas.com/docs/315628 -- "A potential for data loss has
been discovered in NetBackup 6.5/6.5.x when using Storage LifeCycle Policies
(SLP). Retention periods or cache periods in the SLP that are set to infinity,
or greater than 25 years, may lead to skipped duplications or missing backup
copies."

I am, unfortunately, currently required to retain email backups offsite
"indefinitely", which is certainly well over 25 years, and I'd rather get SLP
in place sooner than waiting for the 6.5.4 release and without using a kludge
on retention levels...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Senior Systems Engineer