Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backups crossing the midnight line.

2009-01-12 10:46:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backups crossing the midnight line.
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:32:28 -0600

I know I have read a lot about backup issues with jobs that start before midnight and cross the line and fail.  But it seems it was always Calendar based backups.

I have a policy that Just has 2 USER schedules.  Both are 24 x 7. (Different retentions)

Because they are USER they are not calendar or frequency.

Yet every now and then I have an issue where a job will start and if it has not been grated a resource ( a tape) before it hits midnight it dies with a 196 ( window closed).

Has anybody else seen this?