Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] issues with exclude in a cluster

2009-01-08 13:25:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] issues with exclude in a cluster
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:14:24 -0600

Netbackup 6.5.2a

Unix master, Unix media server, windows client

Windows client is a cluster.

PserverA - physical server

PserverB - physical server

VserverA - virtual server

VserverB - virtual server

For the physical servers I backup the C drive in their own policy using the Pserver name

For the virtual servers

They have their own policy that backs up the resources that belong to the virtual server using the Vserver name.

I have set up an exclude to J:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\MSSQL\Data\*

If I look at the client properties of PserverA I see the exclude

If I look at the client properties of VserverA I also see the exact same exclude.

MY ISSUE

VserverA is NOT excluding - it is still backing up all the items in J:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\MSSQL\Data\   and because this is a live SQL database I get the file in use warnings.

So what am I doing wrong that I cannot get the exclude to work for VserverA.

Netbackup was installed on the client server PserverA so if you look at the BAR on the client and client properties you see the PserverA name.