Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] nbu 6.5.1 lifecycle policy issue

2009-01-07 10:29:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] nbu 6.5.1 lifecycle policy issue
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:18:33 -0500

Regarding the error you are getting – you might want to open a trouble ticket with Symantec.

For the error:

“Caught CORBA SystemException from SSmgrOperations: system exception, ID 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/NO_PERMISSION:1.0'

OMG minor code (0), described as '*unknown description*', completed = NO”

1.  There are several binary updates available ( I have rev 6 of nbpem )

2.  Check your daemons (on unix) nbstserv has a tendency to core dump/stop and cause these errors.

3.  Be aware you can overload the database!

I had set up a script that would deactivate all my SLP:

for i in `/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbstl -L | grep -i name | cut -c38-`

 do

   echo "Now deactivating "$i

   /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbstlutil inactive -lifecycle $i

 done

and I found that you can overload the database with too many changes, and cause this type issue as well.

Hope one of these helps you!

BTW – symantec has recommended to me that I should go to 6.5.3!

“I put the nbpem rev 6 (ETRACK 1448343)on our ftp site for you. “

“The significant changes in here for your environment are timer conflict corrections that can impact correct rescheduling of due dates and recognition of schedule changes.  We still urge you to upgrade to 6.5.3 as soon as possible, for several other SLP issues are resolved in that release. “