Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media management DB out of sync.

2009-01-06 11:47:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media management DB out of sync.
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: Jeff Lightner <jlightner AT water DOT com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:36:35 -0700
Jeff,

I guess my main problem is getting too old to remember the SAN servers have their own media management database that has to be dealt with also :-)  Know that I know how to find which tapes belong to which servers I could do that now.  The big hammer and shotgun approach just seems to work so well ...

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Lightner wrote:

By the way many of the commands have a “-h <host>” option.  You don’t have to go to the various hosts – you can just add the flag and issue the command from the master for each of your media servers.