Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SuSE 10sp2

2009-01-03 18:03:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SuSE 10sp2
From: nitabillls <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 17:51:05 -0500
It must have been too early.

>>From the master server:
#  ping  client_hostname bpcd
ping:  bad timeout:  bpcd
#

#  ping  client_hostname
client_hostname is alive
#

I can do a forward and reverse lookup.  So name resolution and connectivity are
both good.

# ps -ef | grep xine
root   123456   1   0   2008  ?    00:00:00   /usr/sbin/xinetd

So xinetd is working.

A tail -f on bprd/log shows a successful connection on port 799, then a
logconnections: BPCD CONNECTFROM..., sighdl: pipe signal.  But then:

put_short:(10)network write() error: Broken pipe (32); socket=6

Then a ERRno 32 and a failed:25.

So the two nodes are talking to each other.

I have SuSE 10 sp1 machines that are working fine.  But 4 of 4 10sp2 machines
will not talk.