Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Standalone to Custered migration

2008-12-19 15:23:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Standalone to Custered migration
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:11:40 -0500
I'm trying to replace the Master server with some new hardware, (simple enough
to do, and I've done this successfully before) but I'd also like to cluster the
master server.  I've done some testing on this using a catalog recovery that
looks perfectly fine at first, until it's brought into the cluster.  After
clustering all the media, volume pools, and volume groups are missing.  I'm
still able search for and restore old data, but I have no visibility into all
most old tapes.

Any suggesting would be appreciated.  Thanks.