Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 recognized as DLT

2008-12-19 05:56:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 recognized as DLT
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: Hermawan <hermawan.the AT sun.co DOT id>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 05:41:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, Hermawan wrote:

> Yes,
> both LTO 3 and LTO4 are HP brand.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Justin Piszcz wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Roedy boy wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have added a new LTO4 drive in SL500 Tape Library with 5 existing LTO3
>>> drive, I have succesfull to backup LTO3 media with LTO4 drive, but when i
>>> did inventory LTO4 media it's recognized as DLT media not HCART, is anyone
>>> know why this happened? is it necessery to patch the nbu ?(currently
>>> 6.5.1).
>>>
>>> Please advise,
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hermawan
>>>

>> Are all drives the same make/manufacturer?
>>
>> /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -d
>> cat /proc/scsi/scsi
>>
>> Or show the equiv. on Windows.
>>
>> Justin.

Delete the DLT drive, add it manually with tpconfig on the media server
that contains it, try to use it, see if it has any problems, if it works,
you're all set-- then open a ticket with Symantec to find out why the
auto-detect is failing.

If it does not work manually, then there is another problem.

Justin.