Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bug after upgrade in 6.5.3?

2008-12-05 14:19:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bug after upgrade in 6.5.3?
From: "Justin King" <jking AT hnl.bcm DOT edu>
To: "nbu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:00:34 -0600
All-

Not sure if this is expected behavior or a bug -- or I'm missing something.
Here's the scenario:  I ran a FULL backup on Monday-Tuesday using NBU 6.5.1.  I
upgraded to 6.5.3 on Wednesday.  Since then, many (but not all) of my
Daily-Differential (Incremental) are backing up as Fulls.  There doesn't appear
to be a rhyme or reason, but since the upgrade, many of STREAMS within a single
policy are acting as if that Monday Full never happened.  The change rate is
VERY low, so on a partition with 350GB of data, it's normal to have 1GB or less
change daily -- yet I'm backing up 350GB every night.

This is happening within a policy, so I don't think it's a matter of settings.
Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks-

Justin King
Human Neuroimaging Lab