Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dr restores without importing tapes.

2008-12-04 17:27:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dr restores without importing tapes.
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:11:01 -0600

I was wondering if anybody had read/implemented the doc:

Disaster recovery using partial catalog recovery in NetBackup…..?

This looks like the perfect solution for me.

I have a fully functional NetBackup environment in my DR site.

All I need to be able to do is restore from my production tapes without having to import them.

If I do the “standard” for DR then I have a server sitting up there doing nothing waiting for me to do a catalog recovery to it.  As I don’t need the policies, storage units, devices, but only need access to the images, this white paper looks like a good fit for me.

I am looking at doing the replication of my images from the prod master to the dr master into a new file system.

So has anybody else read this or implemented it?

If so, you see any issues that you think you would run into?