Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup migration from 5.0 to 6.5, with server name change

2008-12-03 14:31:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup migration from 5.0 to 6.5, with server name change
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:13:56 -0600
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM, kxie <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

I'm still worried about two things, architecturely I'm changing from one single master/media to two seperate server (one master and one media), in additional the new master and media server name is completely new.

Changing the name of a master server is NOT supported.  Unless you want to do some significant manual surgery to internal undocumented NetBackup files, you MUST maintain the original name of the master server.  Changing media server names is supported by decommissioning the old one (this procedure is documented) and then adding a new one.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org