Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup migration from 5.0 to 6.5, with server name change

2008-12-03 11:27:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup migration from 5.0 to 6.5, with server name change
From: kxie <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:03:46 -0500
I'm still worried about two things, architecturely I'm changing from one single
master/media to two seperate server (one master and one media), in additional
the new master and media server name is completely new.

besides bpmedia -movedb, and adding the FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER to the
bp.conf. Do I need to do anything else to make this work?

Kai Xie

[quote="Haberl, Max"]Hi Kai,

1. correct, no change in the image db since 4.5 up to 6.5
2. i would do a "bpmedia -movedb" afterwards, cause the new master will
always try to connect to the old master server to update the mediaDB.
This would take a while, but you'll get a clean setup then.
But my proposal would be to make a plain 5.0MP3 installation on the new
server and then copy /opt/openv from the old server to the new one.
Change the bp.conf and run the box. this should work and is probably
faster.

3. exactly

Cheers
Max