Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bocada software for monitoring

2008-12-01 20:31:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bocada software for monitoring
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 19:20:01 -0600
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:57 PM, <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com> wrote:

Take the products for a test drive for a couple of weeks and see which one suits you the best. I know that both Aptare and VBR will offer this service, not sure about Bocada, but I bet they do.

Bocada used to because we had a test drive here.   It only took their tech support folks and me about a half-day to install the client on my desktop after the server was configured.  Back then, and I don't know if it still is, the client was very fat and very ugly.  Definitely NOT something you'd want management to have to install.  Aptare, on the other hand, just requires a web browser (unfortunately the current requirements are nothing my own tech support folks will support, but that's not Aptare's fault).

.../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org