Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bocada software for monitoring

2008-12-01 18:09:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bocada software for monitoring
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:57:52 -0600

We are also using Aptare for our backup monitoring of both NetBackup (15+ domains) and TSM (50+ instances). We have been using Aptare for monitoring on NBU for the past 3 years or so and it has been nothing short of stellar. We have had our TSM data reporting in for the past few months and our TSM teams are amazed at what this product does compared to what they had before. I'll tell you that we evaluated VBR and one of the strikes against it was that it didn't report on TSM as well as Aptare does.

Take the products for a test drive for a couple of weeks and see which one suits you the best. I know that both Aptare and VBR will offer this service, not sure about Bocada, but I bet they do.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/27/2008 05:12 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] bocada software for monitoring

Hi All,

Did any one tried Bocada for monitoring the Backups on Veritas. Bocada software claims that it can monitor the backups running/ran on Veritas Netbackup as well as TSM. We have both the environment running in the infrastructure , but not able to monitor the backups on a single console, is there any other software which can help us in monitoring .

Rgds
A D
IBM Global Services, Delhi,
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com