Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAP Scheduled Job Fails with 6 and then neverre-runs

2008-11-28 09:50:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAP Scheduled Job Fails with 6 and then neverre-runs
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:42:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, WEAVER, Simon (external) wrote:

> Justin
> Agreed, and logging has been enabled, but in most cases, its because
> there is nothing to back up.
Ah, I have seen this too, you need to ask the DBA/or add checks to wait
until there are at least X files to backup otherwise yep false failures.

> But if I terminate the job, and get a status 150, this still seems to
> stop the job from re-running 2 hours later.
Yeah, it depends on your retry count, is it set to 2 times in 12 hours?

> But it does kick in the following day!
You state below every two hours what is it set to on the master server for
the global retry attempts/etc?

> Simon

Justin.