Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 58

2008-11-26 17:02:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 58
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, "Will Tucker" <WTucker AT manh DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:42:56 -0600

I recently started getting multiple Status 58s when ever a server gets rebooted.  I’m in a Windows environment.  I have an open ticket because when a client gets rebooted, the client service doesn’t always restart.  Most of the time it doesn’t restart.  There’s nothing in the event log that shows it even tries to restart.  One entry in the forum I found said that they saw this behavior when tsshutdn was used to reboot a server.  But I had three incidents Monday night.  One was tsshutdn, one server blue screened and rebooted itself, the 3rd was a VMWare client and the VMWare console was used to reboot the server.  In all three instances, the client did not restart and all of the jobs ended with Status 58.  I manually restarted the client and everything was fine after that.

Long story short, make sure the client service is running.  I’m also on 6.5.