Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Error 200

2008-11-26 12:36:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Error 200
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:22:48 +0000
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 05:32:07AM -0500, BlueChris69 wrote:
> Thanks bob944...at least you agree with me....i certainly don't
> believe everything Symnatec say either. When all said and done as you
> say the admin guide is exactly what it says...a guide. Over the last 4
> years i have run 1000's of backups with mixed schedules without any
> issues so i guess that if this is a problem then i've either been
> incredibly lucky or it's not a major issue. Strangely enough i changed
> the policy to have ALL calandar based scheds and the error still came
> up last night. So the next thing is as someone mentioned earlier is to
> blow away the policy and recreate it.

Also, since this is NBU6/MP4, I would consider before recreating the
policy to verify that all jobs are done (no suspended or waiting jobs),
stop NBU, move the 'pempersist' file aside', restart NBU.  pempersist
will be recreated.  Sometimes holds incorrect information that causes
schedules to be run incorrectly.

Do not do this if any jobs are not complete.

--
Darren