Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Admin Console Problems

2008-11-26 10:07:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Admin Console Problems
From: James Osbourn <jo4 AT sanger.ac DOT uk>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:49:23 +0000
We are running NetBackup 6.5.2 on SLES and have our admin consoles
running from Windows Virtual machines.  lately we have seen some issues
where the admin console whites out trying to display the activity
monitor or media server, or random other areas.

In the end I had to switch to using the Windows Java console on the same
machine.  After a week or so the problem went away and I am able to use
the standard Windows console again.  However, other members of the team
are now having problems.

We cannot pin the problem down to anything specific.  Just wondered if
anyone else out there had experienced similar problems, or knew of a fix.

James

--
Systems Administrator
Backups & Storage Team