Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Error 200

2008-11-26 00:47:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Error 200
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:28:51 -0500
> All of our policies are setup the same, i.e. the weekly and
> monthly backups are calendar based and the daily incrementals
> are frequency. This has never caused a problem before.

Of course, I wouldn't let the fact that Veritas has put this statement

  Note: A policy can contain more than one schedule. Symantec
  recommends, however, that calendar-based and frequency-based
  schedule types are not mixed within the same policy. Under
  some conditions, schedule types that are combined in one
  policy can cause unexpected results.

in every NetBackup Administrator's Guide since calendar-based schedules
were introduced, deter me, either.  No-siree, and even if I remembered
that somebody with calendar and frequency scheds in the same policy
comes up with a problem just like this every year, well, I'd ignore
that, too.  Pffft.