Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate specific fragments?

2008-11-20 16:59:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate specific fragments?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:42:02 +0000
Bpduplicate dups an entire image.  I'm trying to do a little less than
that if possible.

I have some data on a volume that I need to expunge.  So I need to
copy all the other data off and then expire the volume.

Unfortunately, one fragment on there is from a huge image, which would
take another ten volumes to duplicate in its entirety (and probably
days).

So what I really want to do is duplicate just the fragments on this
volume to another volume, leaving the copied fragments "connected" to
the original image.  Any way of doing that?

Older versions of netbackup had language in the 'bpduplicate' man page
that suggested that '-id <volume>' would do this.  But I think that was
a lie, and later versions of the man page have a different language.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Darren