Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] hot oracle backups with No Rman catalogue

2008-11-19 05:36:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] hot oracle backups with No Rman catalogue
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:25:48 +0000 (GMT)
Hi, Could some provide me with some information on the use of the netbackup agent for oracle when there is no rman catalogue but HOT backups will be performed. I had thought previously that this was not supported by Oracle but netbackup 6.5 documentation states that rman is just a recommendation.

What functionality would i lose by not using an RMAN catalogue for backups?
What functionality would i lose by not using an RMAN catalogue for restores?
There is just one Oracle Server in question here.

Thanks for any help, Mark Wragge