Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Why can't my backups fill up a tape?

2008-11-18 04:06:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Why can't my backups fill up a tape?
From: BlueChris69 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 03:54:17 -0500
I have noticed that my backups appear to use new tapes even though there is
still quite a lot of room available on the tapes. I have set the policies to
multi-stream and the storage units and schedules to multi-plex. Also the the
retention periods are all the same. I must be missing something but i can't see
what...It does appear to work throughout a week but for example there are tapes
from say last thursday with a lot of space on them and i expected them to be
used for last night's backups however it seems that NBU has picked out new
tapes to write to.

So, am i missing the obvious?  [Wink]

Chris
6.0 MP4