Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage Lifecycle Policies - SLP - manually running a failed job

2008-11-11 14:43:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage Lifecycle Policies - SLP - manually running a failed job
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:26:59 -0500
I have SLP active and working great on HP-UX master/media servers at 6.5.2A.

The issue I am seeking assistance with is twofold:
Understanding the SLP recycle process and how to manage it.

If I issue this command:
'bpimagelist -L -idonly -stl_incomplete'

It lists jobs not completed yet. (default is last 24 hours) so I really use
'bpimagelist -L -idonly -hoursago 72 -stl_incomplete' to get the last 3 days.

However - when I sort it using ' bpimagelist -L -idonly -hoursago 72
-stl_incomplete | sort -M -kr3 -kr4n -kr5n'
I can see that some of my jobs are awaiting their copy - often for days.

Is there a way to manually run one or more of these jobs?
Does anyone know how NetBackup determines what to run and when?

The only parameters I am familiar with are based on size or time to wait before
first try and retry time.

If my operator inadvertently issues a 'cancel all jobs' from the Admin console,
which ones run next?

Thanks in advance!