Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Throughput of data domain with Netbackup

2008-11-10 09:54:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Throughput of data domain with Netbackup
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:30:58 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com wrote:

> That is good speed you are getting 80-100 MB per second. Amazing. I think
> there is some problem with my setup. Can the speed of slot to which NIC
> card is attached in media server also affect the throughput. My NIC is
> attached to 33Mhz slot. I think moving it to 66 Mhz can help.
>
> Any suggestions, guys.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ratheesh R Das
> M I N D S P E E D Technologies
> Storage and Backup | 949-579-5000
> ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com

Yeah, if you are using older servers, that's definitely going to be a problem
a bottleneck on the server itself, moving to a 66mhz slot should help.
You should also do some file transfer OR iperf/netperf tests and see what
the raw throughput is without involving NetBackup.

Some other things to look at:

In: /usr/openv/netbackup

$ cat NET_BUFFER_SZ
1048576