Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use their own scripts to eject tapes?

2008-11-07 11:04:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use their own scripts to eject tapes?
From: netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:48:54 +0100
Try adding:
-abort_ie
to prevent the need for CTRL-C.

Regards,

Patrick

Kelley, Travis wrote:
> /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -res -multi_eject -rn $robotnum -rt $robottype
-rh $robothost -ml $tapeid -single_cycle

Hi,

I wonder what the "single_cycle" do in your command? I've search in the man
page, without finding anything related to that switch?

Usually when i do multi_eject, i do like (notice the -w, it is a must!)::
vmchange -res -multi_eject -w -verbose -rn $robotnum -rt robottype -rh
robothost -ml TAPE001:TAPE001

But i do have to press CTRL-C after the "(press <RETURN> to continue)".  If i
press return, the tapes are put back into the library instead.

I hear that there is a way to avoid pressing CTRL-C, witch is useful in a
script.  But i can't remember?