Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MySQL Backups via Snapshot Client?

2008-11-06 11:25:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MySQL Backups via Snapshot Client?
From: "Clausen, Matt R [EQ]" <Matthew.R.Clausen AT Embarq DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:08:45 -0600

Has anyone used the Snapshot client (or snapshotting in general) to backup a MySQL database? I have some 24/7 MySQL databases that I can’t shutdown to export all their files (these are some very large databases and it would take too much time) and I’ve been looking for a better way to back them up.

Any ideas? – Thanks!

Matt Clausen
Network Systems Administrator
EMBARQTM

Voice: 407-741-0553  |  Wireless: 850-284-2435  |  Fax: 407-741-0455
Email: matthew.r.clausen AT embarq DOT com

500 N. New York Ave., Winter Park, FL 32789
Mailstop: FLWNTC0103 - 1019

Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment

This e-mail is the property of EMBARQ and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.