Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use their own scripts to eject tapes?

2008-11-06 11:00:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use their own scripts to eject tapes?
From: "Kelley, Travis" <travis.kelley AT etrade DOT com>
To: John Beimler <jbeimler AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 10:40:13 -0500
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -res -multi_eject -rn $robotnum -rt $robottype -rh $robothost -ml $tapeid -single_cycle

This line should provide similar functionality to what you are used to in previous versions of netbackup.  We find all the information for the variables listed here by running
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -h $master -w -a

John Beimler wrote:
[Veritas-bu] Does anyone use their own scripts to eject tapes?

We have had a scripted solution we used to eject tapes as part of the
tape life cycle here, but have run into problems with it locking up
our robot intermittently after upgrading to 6.5.1 (on a Solaris master
server).

Here are the commands we use to eject tapes (that aren't working for us):

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -h master_server -multi_eject  -res
-ml A00001,A00002,A00003 -rt tld -rn 0 -rh master_server
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -h master_server -verify_eject  -rn 0
-rh master_server -rt tld -res
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -h master_server -abort_ie  -rn 0 -rh
master_server -rt tld –res

We have been told by Symantec support that all of their customers
either use Vault or manually eject tapes via the GUI for their normal
operations.

We would only use Vault to eject tapes, so there is no way we can
justify purchasing it, is there anyone out there that is scripting
their tape ejects and has it working?

Thanks!

john