Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Alert! Backups may not be running

2008-11-05 15:00:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Alert! Backups may not be running
From: X_S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 14:38:24 -0500
This sounds very similar with what we went through.  many of our daily
schedules were configured for "1 day", and for some reason if a backup started
and completed very close to the end of the backup window, it would wait for
around the same time the next night.  Depending on how busy the environment
was, this job would then either fail because the backup window closed, or not
start at all.

I forget where i read this but the suggestion was to change the frequency to
something like every "20 hours", where it was actually tried and start the jobs
earlier.  This has seemed to help in our environment.