Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Serious bug w/ 6.5.2 (and beyond?): perpetually requeueing jobs, starting this weekend.

2008-11-02 18:05:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Serious bug w/ 6.5.2 (and beyond?): perpetually requeueing jobs, starting this weekend.
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 17:49:08 -0500
> We have one site that's still 6.5 GA and it was NOT affected. If
> you're running anything more recent, you SHOULD check your systems
> right now. They're probably still running backups over and over. I
> say this because I just checked with my friends at a former
> employer, a major financial institution whose name I won't mention
> because I know their policies, and they're also affected in
> environments with Solaris, AIX (maybe?), and Windows masters. You
> are probably also affected. Stop reading this and go check. Now.

We had some extra jobs run due to the interaction of 12-hour frequencies,
12-hour windows, and the change from Daylight Saving Time to Daylight
Wasting time, but no repeating jobs. We're running 6.5.1, Tru64 master
server.

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

It usually take twenty years to become an overnight success.