Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP5 Upgrade to 6.5.2

2008-10-31 14:40:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP5 Upgrade to 6.5.2
From: scaud <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:56:07 -0400
Randy,

I agree with Rusty. Put a base 6.0 MP5 build on the new hardware, recover the
catalog, then run the upgrade process. I don't think there are any changes in
the catalog between 6.0 and 6.5 but you can never be certain.

I upgraded our environment about 2 weeks ago from 6.0 MP5 to 6.5.2A and it ran
fairly smoothly. 1 Master, 7 Media, 370 clients, 3 robots, 26 drives of various
types at 3 separate sites. Just watch out for queued jobs failing at midnight
if your windows span over to the next day. Would also suggest you look at the
Late Breaking News document for 6.5.2 on the Symantec support pages. You'll be
fine.

Cheers,

Simon.