Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Master server

2008-10-17 23:29:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Master server
From: "Haskins, Steve" <Steve.Haskins AT bannerhealth DOT com>
To: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:19:34 -0700

Boris,

  I currently have Windows 2000 master server with six additional media servers on a HP ESL9595 16 SDLT tape drive library and a HP MSL5052SL 4 SDLT tape drive library backing up 330+ Windows clients backing up 50TB a week. I am at Netbackup 6.51. The master has four 733MHz processors and 2.5GB RAM and it performs fine. I did have to up the RAM by .5GB when I upgraded from 5.1 to 6.51. The master even backs up 25 clients.

With this said, I plan on upgrading the hardware but I waited until the 6.5.1 upgrade to start the project and will stop using the master as a media server.

Regards