Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Master server

2008-10-17 23:15:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Master server
From: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:07:32 -0400
Hi Folks,

Need some advise, I have master server on Windows 2003, two more other Windows media servers, two Sun Solaris media servers in the mix, two physical sites, two tape libraries with LTO-3 tape drives. There are around 250 backup clients with total 30T in data. It performs well so far, and it keeps growing in number of clients and data size. I just started wondering when I should see that the Windows master server start choking or there is enough room to grow further and maybe consider more disk based backups, add more media servers.
Does anybody have such experience to run master servers on Windows with a lot of clients?

Thank you,
Boris