Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMware VCB policy

2008-10-16 12:53:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMware VCB policy
From: Renee Carlisle <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: "Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:31:24 -0400

When trying to search for Virtual Machines in a VCB policy, the search keeps failing with cannot connect on socket error.  I have double checked credentials, tried both the ESX server and the Virtual infrastructure server, tried both ports 902 and 443 (which should be the correct one for VCB framework 1.5).  Tried to log in to the VI server and the ESX server with the user name and password I am giving the credentials…both are successful.  Tried to telnet to the port from the master server on the ESX server and VI server and that is successful.  Running Solaris 10 with NBU 6.5.1 on the master server.

Anyone have any ideas?

Renee